Guidelines for use of social networks
Revised May 2021
CFG Bank (‘we, ‘us’ and ‘our’) has an active presence on a number of external social channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. We have created this page to promote transparent and constructive dialogue, always with respect among all its users.
Please read these terms carefully before you engage with our social media channels, as your use of the social media channels indicates that you accept these terms and agree to comply with them. If you disagree with any of these terms, you should not engage with our social media channels.
Social media and our use of it, is always evolving, therefore, we may amend these terms at any time. You should frequently check this webpage to review the current binding terms.
CFG Bank and its subsidiaries are excited to be a part of social media so we can communicate with you in your online communities. In order for this channel to be useful for everyone, certain basic rules must be respected. You should read the following rules of usage carefully before participating:
Remember that this is a public forum. By adding any data, comment or information, you are assuming that this may be visible to other users of this social network and the Bank. Do not post any personal or account information to social channels.
- Remember that you are responsible for your contributions and for any possible consequences to your image and reputation. If you have any doubts, it is better to refrain from making a contribution.
- This space is not the appropriate setting for creating disputes, to discredit other users or third parties, or to lodge complaints or grievances which should be made through the specific channels established by the Bank for that purpose.
- Treat other users with respect; use appropriate and correct language and act as though you are in the presence of the other person.
- Do not post advertising material or use this profile to obtain or do business, or to compare or assess products or services of other companies.
- If you are posting your own contribution (text, photographs, graphics, video or audio), we hereby notify you that you are granting authorization to the Bank to reproduce it in physical or virtual form where we will indicate your name as author.
- All Bank logo’s and/or any other logo that we use in this profile are registered trademarks. The content used by CFG Bank in this profile is also owned by the Bank, and therefore the Bank reserves all intellectual and industrial property rights associated therewith.
- CFG Bank will not request any of your access information for online banking systems, nor your card number or any other personal credentials over this social channel
- CFG Bank, as manager of this social media profile, reserves the right to remove, without right of replacement, any contribution which:
- It considers illegal, disrespectful, groundless, threatening, inappropriate or libelous, discriminatory, or which, in any way, may cause material or moral damage or harm to CFG Bank, its employees, collaborators or third parties.
- Incorporates third party data without its authorization.
- Is redundant.
- Unrelated to the aims of this profile.
By posting to our social media channels, you specifically represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age, and give us permission to reuse your content, suggestions and ideas in any manner, format or context or for any purpose that we may elect, along with your real or social media user name, without any obligation or compensation to you.
CFG Bank will not tolerate posts containing content we deem to be aggressive, offensive, inflammatory, or inappropriate. Disparaging comments or misrepresentations about CFG Bank, its officers and employees, and customers are not permitted.
- Your Private Information: CFG acknowledges that social media sites are vulnerable to information security attacks and will implement sufficient information security controls,
- Responsibility of Security: CFG is not responsible for the privacy or security on social media sites and other third-party sites that may be linked to social media sites.
- Comments by Employees: CFG does not endorse any comments made by its employees, unless they are an authorized representative of the bank. All unofficial statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenters alone.
- Endorsements: CFG is not responsible for and does not endorse any content or advertisements posted by social media sites or of third party sites or applications that may appear on those social media sites.
- Affiliation: While CFG has a brand presence on social media sites; please note that CFG is not affiliated with these sites. CFG has no control over how third parties use the information you share on these sites. Your participation in social media is at your own risk. We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the social media privacy policies of all social media sites before using them.
- Validity of Links: Users should be aware when they click on a link on a CFG social media page, they assume the risk. Users should also understand that they may be leaving our site when clicking on such links. Users should exercise extra caution when links are posted outside of normal business hours or on third party comments. We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you’ll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the individual, information, site, or company.
- Removal of Comments: All CFG social media sites are monitored, and any posts considered inappropriate will be removed.
Under no circumstances shall CFG Bank, its officers and/or managers, employees and authorized personnel be responsible for any type of damage, loss, claims or expenses, whether arising from the use of this social network or otherwise, the information acquired or accessed by or through it, computer viruses, operational failures or interruptions in the service or transmission, or failures in the line; the use of this social network, both by direct connection and by link to another medium, constitutes a warning to any user that these possibilities may occur.
CFG Bank is not responsible for other websites which may be accessed through links from this profile or any content placed by third parties.
CFG Bank reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or restrict the content of this profile, the links or the information obtained through it, without prior notice.
In the event that any issues arise regarding navigation, content and access, please contact the Bank using the private message option.
If you have a question or a comment for us, post away! Please note that these pages are moderated by CFG employees. We will make every effort to respond in a timely manner between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, Eastern time, (excluding Holidays).